Monday, April 8, 2013

Lip Factory Inc April 2013 Box Review


My Lip Factory box arrived today (along with my first Julep box!)!!  I researched like crazy before signing up for the box, but I think my expectations were a bit high.  I have to say, I was a bit nervous seeing first looks:



Totally not my style...but I decided to withhold judgment until I actually saw the products (which is always a good idea LOL).

 
And I still wasn't that impressed...although I was REALLY excited to see the mascara from 29 cosmetics as I somehow don't have one in brown!!
 
 
I did appreciate the card with all the items listed...although I most certainly do not consider some of the colors "spring" that were included.
 


 
Not going into details on all the items (information is all on the picture above)...but I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of purple so I obviously didn't love this box.  Pinks, Corals, Oranges, even Reds are Spring to me...not purple.  *sigh*  And most especially the awful lip gloss pictured in the middle tube that goes on a brownish/purple and is sticky AND streaky when put on.  In case you are wondering, it is already in the trash.  The purple eyeshadow and purple nail polish are going to my MIL and the eyeliner will go to my SIL.  Which means I am keeping 2 items for myself; the brown 29 Cosmetics mascara (I pretty much love all 29 Cosmetics and this is the ONLY item that saved this box from being a complete disaster) and the Sweet Pea and Fay lip gloss that I have yet to open.
 
Overall, I am disappointed in Lip Factory and have already canceled my subscription.  I feel that the quality is not even on par with the products you get from Ipsy...and Ipsy is half the price.  If I had gotten better colors I *might* have kept my subscription, but I honestly prefer paying more for Wantable and knowing I'll be getting great products versus gambling on Lip Factory and giving away over half the items in the box.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment